Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Second day starts

The fun thing about conferences is not only the science, it's also the evenings where you go out for dinner with people you have met during the day. Yesterday, I went with an Englishman, a Canadian, a Brazilian, a Swede and a Fin (Finlandian? Finnish?), so with me being German, we had a rather mixed group, although admittedly almost all of us did their PhDs either in the UK or Sweden.

The program for today is about what galaxies do, depending on "Environment and Interactions" and I again intend to do publish some summaries the second the speaker ends. During lunch, I will participate in a young astronomers lunch debate. There are no talk in S235 this afternoon, so I guess this is the time when people might have a look at some of the 1000 posters that are here (you can see mine here as pdf, 3MB).

2 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Finnish person is a Finn.

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, now I'm envious. Regardless, thanks for sharing it. Wish I was there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home